Search

Monday 17 December 2012

This Is Not Steak.

I bet you have that restaurant that you always loved going to as a kid.

That one restaurant that brings back so many memories and seems to never change.

For me, that was a cheap "steakhouse" in Hong Kong. I remember how I used to love going to that place. I loved their bread, and I always got the option of cream of chicken soup as a side for my main meal, which was usually steak or lamb chops. I remember it being very, very good.

t-bone steak with an... unidentified sauce.
But boy was I disappointed when I ate this steak. Well, actually, let's start from the very beginning. The bread was okay. It was slightly warm but should have been hotter, and it didn't have that really subtle crunch on the outer surface. The cream of chicken soup tasted like it came out of a can and wasn't hot enough. I didn't even finish it.

And the steak? It didn't even taste like beef. It was so, so disappointing. I don't even want to talk about it. I make more beef-tasting steak than this place does.

Childhood dream: crushed.

On another note, enjoy some pretty pictures of Sha Tin and Hong Kong on a gloomy day :)




I also ate some egg tarts after lunch. Well, one egg tart.

I don't really like this picture because it is far too focused on the pastry shell rather than the delicious custard filling.

Victoria Harbor

And afterwards we went to Festival Walk in Kowloon Tong where I bought a bunch of stuff from H&M and all was good in the world for a while.
Then I went into the fitting room and I realized that I had become a tub of lard since my time at AC, so that happiness was short-lived.

But it's okay because we headed back to Sha Tin and we went to Park N Shop and we got some BBQ pork spare ribs... and two other things.


Can you guess what this is?

And this?!!
Okay it was pork intestine and pork ears.
Here's a star for effort. 
I'm assuming you didn't get it. If you did get it... you get a cyber pat-on-the-back from me :)

And then we ate some delicious food at home, including steamed pork with some type of salted preserved vegetable, steamed shrimp with garlic, and steamed fish.
We like steamed stuff. It's not (that) fattening.

:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment