Search

Sunday 16 December 2012

hong kong: day 2

I HAVE OFFICIALLY RETURNED TO THE WORLD OF REAL FOOD.

Oh, Chinese food, how I've missed you.

My fat-kill journey is most definitely not going to be easy.

I say fat kill because I don't want it to ever be found/appear/haunt me again.

I woke up at 9AM this morning and went to the gym. I just kind of realized today that I don't really like going to the gym all that much and it's no fun for me at the moment. I tried to run but I got shin splints really really quickly and there was a sharp pain in my butt. Hahahaha. Now I see how that's kind of funny. Because running is a pain in my butt... literally. See what I did there?

Okay. I'm sorry for that.

Anyway, I went to eat lunch at Cafe de Coral afterwards. It sounds a lot fancier than it is. It's basically Cantonese fast food, but it obviously tastes better than anything McDonald's could ever churn out.

Then I went to eat some Cantonese street food.

Eggettes! (鸡蛋仔)

a mango dessert for which there is no english name (糯米慈) 



The outer layer of the mango dessert/snack is made of glutinous rice flour, I believe, and it sprinkled with shredded coconut. There's a nice mango filling inside (with actual fruit haha.)

Then we headed to Causeway Bay. My sister was getting a facial there and I went to Forever21.





We also went to see The Hobbit. Gollum is the scariest thing ever and the movie ended way too quickly. I'm pretty sure there's a Part II. That really irritates me because by the time Part II comes out (i.e. 28347502394857 years later) I'll have forgotten what happened in Part I. I'm really bad at remembering plot lines and stories.

For example, I read Wuthering Heights last year and I remember really, really enjoying it but I can't remember much about what happens to who.



I also thought I would show you this picture I took on the MTR (i.e. subway/metro.)

For dinner, I went to a place called Fairwood which is basically like Cafe de Coral, but worse.
My father and my sister ate hot pot. I ate BBQ pork + chicken with rice.





I also went to the same street food shop thing and ate siu mai.


P.S. I ate three eggette waffles today and two siu mai skewer thingies.
P.P.S. I really need to lose fat. And weight, basically. This sucks and I feel disgusting right now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment