Search

Sunday 25 November 2012

I'm alive... I promise!


So I haven't posted in about two weeks now. Then again, it's not like anybody really follows this blog anymore anyway so I'm okay with that.

I'm thinking about starting this activity (but I still have to talk to Alan Jenkins, the activities dude, about it) where you cook food and all this stuff and you learn about global cuisine and it would be so much fun. Every Monday, a student talks about food in his/her culture for 30-45 minutes. Then, we prepare a typical dinner that is eaten in that country. The activity would have a maximum of about 5 students (not including me and Clement, the *leaders* of this activity) because otherwise there would be too many people. I hope it'll be a lot of fun and that we'll get a decent budget for it.

Yesterday was Thanksgiving which in all honesty was quite a lot of fun. Thanks to Thanksgiving (haha, see what I did there) I got a lot closer to my American second-years, particularly Shanna (Vice-Chair of Student Council whaaat), Kiera (who looks like a Chinese-American but really isn't...at all), and Luke (the guy who walks around barefoot everywhere, even in the rain). I've also managed to get to know Hana Bracale, an American co-year, quite well (she is very well-spoken) as well as Becca, who is really, really nice.

I guess the people here aren't that bad. It's not an easy life to lead -- I'm almost three months in and I still haven't gotten to the point where I'm actually really comfortable. What I do know is that I'm not the first person who has ever felt this, nor will I be the last. I think I realized yesterday that even though it feels like we're alone in this struggle, a lot of people have gone through the same things that we have.

I'm also learning to accept the fact that it's okay to ask for help "prematurely". I've always thought that asking for help should only be reserved when you really need it (I still stand by that belief), but at the same time, I'm learning to accept the fact that it's okay to ask for help. I think it really does take guts.

Have you guys noticed that I have gotten more and more sentimental? This is getting out of hand.

Honestly, this is the current predicament I am in:


Yup. And that's the story of my life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment